This is a legacy document, and retained on the site in order to avoid link rot. The content is likely no longer (a) accurate, (b) representative of the views and philosophies of current site management, or (c) up to date.
ciwas CSS authoring FAQ v1.16
-- revision history
This news group a-FAQ revision history is available on the World Wide Web at… /faq/ciwas-aFAQ-rev.html
- 2003/04/10 - vers. 1.16
- Added new Q&A #15 describing the differences between ID and CLASS
- 2002/08/28 - vers. 1.15
- Inserted new Q&A #12 describing basics of some browsers method to switch rendering mode based on "sniffing" for specific 'DOCTYPE' declarations in the document prologue.
- Added new Q&A #14 listing other language versions of this FAQ.
- Added two new links for HTTP header check sites to Q&A #05.
- Added Johannes Koch URL for isolation of browsers from buggily supported style rules to Q&A #06.
- Changed version into vers 1.15 as a result of this.
- 2001/03/10 - vers. 1.14
- Resources that used to be located in the style.metrius domain moved to the style.cleverchimp domain. Updated links accordingly.
- Changed version into vers 1.14 as a result of this.
- 2001/01/31 - vers. 1.13
- As per suggestion from the moderator of the *.answers usenet hierarchy, the archive name for this authoring FAQ-list as it will be used in the RTFM repository, was changed to 'www/stylesheets/authoring-faq'. Reason behind this change was to get a better naming logic for archived material in preparation for an upcoming approval of this ciwas authoring FAQ-list.
- Changed version into vers 1.13 as a result of this.
- 2000/12/14 - vers. 1.12
- Updated the link to Eric Meyer's new location for his "Mastergrid" browser CSS compatibility page.
- Version number set to 1.12
- 2000/10/12 - vers. 1.11
- Added link to a new page at css.nu, where Matt McIrvin and Todd Fahrner describes the dilemma of authors trying to gain control of client side font presentation.
- Version number set to 1.11
- 2000/09/03 - vers. 1.10
- Inserted Q&A-08 and Q&A-09. Moved previous Q&A-8 to 10 down to become Q&A-10 to 12.
- Added a link to Nick Kew's "The Page Valet" markup validator.
- Version number set to 1.10
- 2000/07/03 - vers. 1.00
- Scheduled posting of FAQ version 1.00 starts.
- Version number set to 1.00
- 2000/06/22 and onwards - vers. 0.11 - 0.15
- Final grammatical finetuning done after version 0.15
- The FAQ list gets acceptance from the NG.
- Input from partisipants in ciwas collected over a series of 5 test posts. Text edited accordingly
- 2000/06/20 - vers. 0.10
- First skeleton of FAQ posted to ciwas as
- First skeleton of FAQ posted to ciwas as a RFD.